Trim/Tilt Switch Kit P/N 174835
These instructions will alter you to certain things you should do very carefully. If you don't, you could...
- hurt yourself or bystanders
- hurt boat operator, passengers
- damage the machinery
appears next to information important to prevent you and others from being hurt.
appears next to information important to keep machinery from being damaged.
The important safeguards and instructions appearing in these directions cannot cover all possible conditions or situations that occur. The person following these directions must use common sense, caution and care.
Product Reference & Illustration
When reference is made to brand name, product or specific tool, an equivalent product may be used in place of the referred to product. Substitute products used must have equivalent characteristics, including type, strength, and material. Incorrect substitution may result in product malfunction and possible injury to the operator and/or passengers.
All photographs and illustrations used may not necessarily depict actual models or equipment, but are intended only for reference. Specifications used are based on the latest product information available at the time of publication.
This trim/tilt switch connects in parallel with trim/tilt switch on the motor for convenient remote operation. It is used on 60 TTL models CE and newer.
Step 1. Preparation for Installation
1. Check kit to become familiar with contents.
|Ref.||Name of Part||Qty.|
2. Read installation instructions completely prior to starting work.
3. Obtain hand tools and items required for installation.
2-1/8 in. (54 mm) Hole Saw
3/4 in. Wrench
Step 2. Select Location for Trim/Tilt Switch
1. Select a mounting location that is flat, within reach of the cable assembly and convenient for operation. If a suitable mounting location is not available, a mounting bracket can be made.
2. Mark mounting location center and cut 2-1/8 in. (54 mm) diameter hole using a hole saw.
3. Place bezel in hole, mark screw locations and drill 3/32 in. (4 mm).
Step 3. Trim/Tilt Switch Installation
1. Assemble switch (2) to bezel (1) as shown.
2. Install washer (5) and nut (4). Tighten nut securely.
3. Place bezel and switch assembly into mounting hole, install screws (6) and tighten securely.
Step 4. Connecting Cable
Disconnect battery cables before making cable connections to prevent damage to electrical components.
1. Locate wire connectors for motor mounted trim/tilt switch as shown.
2. Disconnect bullet connectors and attach cable as shown.
The trim/tilt switches are wired in parallel. Connect matching color wires.
3. Route cable out of lower engine cover through grommet to the second trim/tilt switch.
Secure switch cable to motor cable, leaving enough slack to allow turning of motor.
4. Attach cable to switch.
Step 5. Installation Check
1. Connect battery cables.
2. Check "UP" and "DOWN" operation. If operation is reversed check matching of blue and green wires.