Trim/Tilt Conversion Kit P/N 174290
These instructions will alter you to certain things you should do very carefully. If you don't, you could...
- hurt yourself or bystanders
- hurt boat operator, passengers
- damage the machinery
appears next to information important to prevent you and others from being hurt.
appears next to information important to keep machinery from being damaged.
The important safeguards and instructions appearing in these directions cannot cover all possible conditions or situations that occur. The person following these directions must use common sense, caution and care.
Product Reference & Illustration
When reference is made to brand name, product or specific tool, an equivalent product may be used in place of the referred to product. Substitute products used must have equivalent characteristics, including type, strength, and material. Incorrect substitution may result in product malfunction and possible injury to the operator and/or passengers.
All photographs and illustrations used may not necessarily depict actual models or equipment, but are intended only for reference. Specifications used are based on the latest product information available at the time of publication.
This kit permits installing an in-dash trim/tilt switch to activate the trim/tilt system on all OMC® Stern Drive, OMC Sea Drive®, Evinrude®, and Johnson® trim/tilt models when remote control handle mounted trim/tilt switch is not used. Dual engine installation requires two kits.
1. Check contents of kit.
|Ref.||Name of Part||Qty|
|2||Trim Switch Assembly||1|
|3||Remote Control Applique||1|
2. When selecting a location for the trim/tilt switch, the following should be considered:
Back side of mounting area must be free of electrical wires.
Back side of mounting area must be free of steering cables and hoses.
Trim/tilt cable must be long enough to ensure good connections.
3. Drill a 35 mm (1 3/8 in.) diameter hole for the trim/tilt switch.
4. Use the trim/tilt switch and bezel as a template. Position bezel so mounting holes are horizontal. Make sure words on bezel are properly positioned. Use center punch or awl to mark both mounting screw holes. Drill two 3 mm (1/8 in.) diameter holes.
5. Route trim/tilt cable (C) from back side of the 35 mm (1 3/8 in.) diameter hole and connect male connector (B) of jumper wire assembly.
6. Install female plug (A) of jumper wire onto back of trim/tilt switch.
7. Install trim/tilt switch assembly into the 35 mm (1 3/8 in.) hole and secure plate with two mounting screws.
8. Secure trim/tilt cable and jumper wire to back of dash to avoid strain on connectors.
9. Install applique to remote control handle if desired.
10. Test the trim/tilt switch for correct operation. When switch is in "up" position, unit should raise.