PRECAUTION WHEN INSTALLING ELECTRONIC SYSTEM COMPONENTS
• Do not cut or extend the wiring harness and lead wires. Water may enter from the joint of the wiring harness or lead wire, causing a continuity error at the connections and shifting and throttle control errors.
• To avoid malfunction of the electronic control system by the radio wave, antennas or coaxial cables of radio, navigation and other equipment should be more than 50 cm (20 in.) from BCM or the outboard motor when installed.
• Install the BCM and hub at a dry place free from splash of water as far as possible.
• Install the BCM and SIM so that the connector faces downward.
• Install the BCM and hub on a flat place not to fall off during the boating.
• Lay out the wires of the wiring harness selecting dry places not to be exposed to water as far as possible.
• Fix the wiring harness using clamps positioned at a proper interval.
• Ensure all connections are right and tight, and plug all connectors not in use with seal cap.
• Before installing or removing electric parts, turn the main switch OFF and disconnect the battery cable from the battery.
When disconnecting the battery cable, remove the negative (-) cable first and then the positive (+) cable.
When connecting the cable, connect the positive cable first and then the negative (-) cable.