67200-98J12 Installation Instruction [02-26-2010]
ELECTRONIC REMOTE CONTROL BOX INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
PART NUMBER AND APPLICABLE MODEL
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME||INSTALLATION TIME|
|67200-98J02||R/CON ASSY, SINGLE TOP MOUNT||1.0hr|
|67200-98J12||R/CON ASSY, MULTIPLE TOP MOUNT||1.0hr|
PRECAUTION BEFORE INSTALLATION
These instructions are intended for use by technicians who already possess the basic knowledge and skills to service SUZUKI outboard motors.
Electronic calibration required before use – After installation of this product, the Suzuki Precision Control systems require electronic calibration. The calibration must not be attempted by anyone other than a person who has been specifically trained in the Suzuki Precision Control system. Improper
electronic calibration of the system will make this product and/or the system inoperable or unsafe for use.
NOTE AFTER INSTALLATION
- Please instruct the customer in the use of the detent and friction adjustment of a remote control, and hand over these installation instructions to the customer. Section 4 of these instructions is necessary for a customer to conduct the detent and friction adjustment of a remote control.
Please read this manual and follow its instructions carefully. To emphasize special information, the symbol and the words WARNING, CAUTION and NOTE have special meanings. Pay special attention to the messages highlighted by these signal words.
Indicates a potential hazard that could result in death or injury.
Indicates a potential hazard that could result in engine damage.
|REF NO.||PART NAME||QUANTITY|
|1||Remote Control Box, Single or Multiple-engine||1|
|2||Seal, Single or Multiple type||1|
|4||Washer φ 10 mm (25/64 in.)||4|
|5||Washer φ 16 mm (41/64 in.)||4|
3. INSTALLING THE ELECTRICAL REMOTE CONTROL BOX
(1) Set the Remote Control Box in a position in which it does not obstruct the operations of the control lever and switches. Make sure there is no
obstruction on the path of the remote control wire harness. Allow a space so that the bottom of the Remote Control Box does not contact any other parts.
Provide a space so that the remote control wire harness can be routed without vending sharply. (Fig. 1)
(2) Select the proper position of the remote control box, and stick the template on the selected position. (Fig. 2)
(3) Cut and drill as instructed on the attached template.
After drilling the holes, make sure opening is free of sharp edges.
(4) Fit the bolts (3) and the washers (4) into the slots located on the corner of main frame under as shown in Fig. 3.
(5) Peel of the release paper of the seal (2). Stick the seal (2) on the back side of the Remote Control Box main frame as shown in Fig. 4.
(6) Route the BCM harnesses through the opening and connect with the wire harnesses of the Remote Control Box.
(7) Place the Remote Control Box into position. Install the washers (4), (5) on the bolts (3) and tighten the nuts (6).
(1) Friction adjustment
The friction adjust screw allows adjustment to increase or decrease the overall effort required to move the control lever. This will help prevent undesired movement of the control lever in rough water conditions.
- Remove the rubber grommet A from the single remote control cover.
Remove two rubber grommets A located on both sides of the dual remote control.
Friction of each lever can be adjusted independently.
Turn the friction adjust screw (B) to adjust lever friction, using the allen wrench (8) supplied with the remote control.
Turn the screw clockwise to increase friction. Turn the screw counterclockwise to decrease friction.
Do not over-tighten the friction adjust screw. Over tightening can damage the mechanism.
(2) Detent Adjustment
The detent adjust screw(s) allows adjustment to increase or decrease the detent force/pressure.
It is necessary to remove the remote control cover to adjust detent force/pressure.
Remove the rubber grommet (A) from the remote control upper cover.
Unscrew the hexagon head screw (B) fastening the cover to the main frame, using the allen wrench (8) supplied with the control.
The procedure for removing the dual remote control cover is the same as the above.
Loosen the adjust screw lock nut(s) C, using the spanner 7 supplied with the remote control. (Fig. 10)
Turn the adjust screw(s) (D or E, F) to adjust detent force/pressure.
Turn the screw(s) clockwise to increase detent force/pressure.
Turn the screw(s) counterclockwise to decrease detent force/pressure.
Adjustment of detent force/pressure for the dual lever control can be made independently as shown in Fig. 11.
(E): Port side adjust screw
(F): Starboard side adjust screw
Tighten the lock nut(s) (C) to secure the adjust screw(s).
After the adjustment has been made, reinstall the cover in a reverse way of removal.
Direction of the rubber grommet (A) tab should be pointed downward.