ELECTRONIC REMOTE CONTROL BOX INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION
PART NUMBER AND APPLICABLE MODEL
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME||APPLICABLE MODEL|
|67200-98J00||R/CON ASSY,SINGLE TOP MOUNT||DF 300 T/Z|
|34804-94711||R/CON ASSY, MULTIPLE TOP MOUNT||DF 300 T/Z|
The information in this installation instruction is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools and training to correctly and safely install equipment to your boat.
Electronic calibration required before use – After installation of this product, the Suzuki Precision Control systems require electronic calibration. The calibration must not be attempted by anyone other than a person who has been specifically trained in Suzuki Precision Control system. Improper electronic calibration of the system will make this product and/or the system inoperable or unsafe for use.
Please read this manual and follow its instructions carefully. To emphasize special information, the symbol and the words WARNING, CAUTION and NOTE have special meanings. Pay special attention to the messages highlighted by these signal words.
Indicates a potential hazard that could result in death or injury.
Indicates a potential hazard that could result in engine damage.
Indicates special information to make maintenance easier or instruction clearer.
|REF NO.||PART NAME||QUANTITY|
|1||Remote Control Box, Single or Multiple-engine||1|
|2||Seal, Single or Multiple type||1|
|4||Washer φ 10 mm (25/64 in.)||4|
|5||Washer φ 16 mm (41/64 in.)||4|
INSTALLING THE ELECTRICAL REMOTE CONTROL BOX
(1) Set the Remote Control Box in a position in which it does not obstruct the operations of the control lever and switches. Make sure there is no obstruction on the path of the remote control wire harness.
Allow a space so that the bottom of the Remote Control Box does not contact any other parts. Provide a space so that the remote control wire harness can be routed without vending sharply. (Fig. 1)
(2) Select the proper position of the remote control box, and stick the template on the selected position. (Fig. 2)
(3) Cut and drill as instructed on the attached template.
After drilling the holes, make sure opening is free of sharp edges.
(4) Fit the bolts 3 and the washers 4 into the slots located on the corner of main frame under as shown in Fig. 3.
(5) Stick the seal 2 on the back side of the Remote Control Box main frame as shown in Fig. 4.
(6) Route the BCM harnesses through the opening and connect with the wire harnesses of the Remote Control Box.
(7) Place the Remote Control Box into position. Install the washers (5) on the bolts and tighten the nuts (6).
Friction adjust screw can be adjusted to increase or decrease the overall effort to move the control lever. This will help prevent the handle from unwanted motion in rough water. Turn screw clockwise to increase tension or to counterclockwise to decrease tension. (Fig. 6)
Do not over-tighten the friction adjust screw. Damage to the mechanism may occur.
(2) Change of the detent feeling
Replace the detent spring to the one available as an optional part when you want detent feeling to be heavier.
Refer to the Set-up Manual for replacing the spring.
PART NUMBER: 67237-98J20