Seat and Thermostat Assembly P/N 433379Crowley Marine
These instructions will alter you to certain things you should do very carefully. If you don't, you could...
- hurt yourself or bystanders
- hurt boat operator, passengers
- damage the machinery
Safety symbol, , appears next to information important to prevent you and others from being hurt.
Note symbol, Note, appears next to information important to keep machinery from being damaged.
IMPORTANT: The important safeguards and instructions appearing in these
directions cannot cover all possible conditions or situations that occur. The
person following these directions must use common sense, caution and care.
Product Reference & Illustration
When reference is made to brand name, product or specific tool, an equivalent product may be used in place of the referred to product. Substitute products used must have equivalent characteristics, including type, strength, and material. Incorrect substitution may result in product malfunction and possible injury to the operator and/or passengers.
All photographs and illustrations used may not necessarily depict actual
models or equipment, but are intended only for reference. Specifications used
are based on the latest product information available at the time of
1. Remove the thermostat cover screws and the thermostat cover.
2. Remove thermostat cover screws, O-ring, isolator and spring. Discard old thermostat.
3. Without marring the valve seat sealing surface, remove old valve seat.
Note: It is necessary to replace the valve seat when installing the new thermostat.
The new thermostat will not function properly without the new valve seat.
1. Install new valve seat (A) into cylinder head with chamfer facing out.
2. Install the thermostat (B), spring (C), and isolater (D) in the cylinder head.
3. Install O-ring (E) on thermostat cover (F) and install thermostat cover onto cylinder head.
4. Torque thermostat cover screws to 60-84 in. lbs. (7-9 Nm).